Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sharing your canvas – artists, Pinterest and social media engagement
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Woolloomooloo, NEW SOUTH WALES
Pinterest is one of the newest and fastest growing social media platforms. This virtual pinboard is a tool that has inherent benefits for those in the art world. Being a visual platform, it seems an obvious choice for artists wishing to share and sell work and build their brand. To discuss how Pinterest and other social media tools can be leveraged effectively by artists, the National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) is bringing together a panel of professionals to go through the pros and cons of social media for artists. Topics covered will include:
- why Pinterest is gaining all the press
- how Pinterest, and other social media tools, can be used to promote and monetize the work of individual artists, crafts people and designers
- the experience of an artist currently using social media as a forum for communication with their audience
- the intellectual property and copyright issues associated with these new technologies and tips for best practice usage.
Panel members for this session are:
1. Mandy King, a consultant from 'Professional Public Relations' in Canberra, who has extensive experience in both using and consulting on the use of social media
2. Zoë Rodriguez, Government and Stakeholders Coordinator, Copyright Agency Limited
3. Bridie Connell, artist and social media user.
Seats are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
When & Where
National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA)
The National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) is the national peak body for the Australian visual arts, craft and design sector.